Russ is an employment and work health and safety law specialist and has over 17 years experience advising across a broad range of employment, industrial and work health and safety matters.
Russ advises and represents clients in these areas:
- drafting employment contracts
- advising on Modern Awards and the Fair Work Act 2009
- employment litigation
- restructuring and change management
- transfer of business and insolvency
- termination and redundancy
- executive remuneration
- unfair dismissal and adverse action claims
- restraint of trade and confidential information
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and proceedings
- Work Health and Safety claims and risk management strategies
- WorkCover prosecutions and coronial inquiries
Russ prides himself on identifying core issues quickly and giving his clients strategic, clear and practical legal advice in a timely and cost effective manner.
Before joining BBW Russ acted for a large Australian insurance company as their sole external legal provider. In the course of his insurance practice, Russ regularly advised clients involved in health care, animal care and child care sectors.