Luis is a specialist in commercial litigation with experience in insolvency and commercial debt recoveries.
Since admission in 2010, Luis has acted in a variety of complex commercial litigation matters in the Federal, Supreme, District and Local Courts and Court of Appeal, representing clients in the capacity of plaintiff and defendant. He also provides general commercial advice and prepares commercial documentation for a variety of clients.
- Acting for a defendant company and obtaining a special costs order (indemnity) in a matter involving contract construction, A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 (Cth) and Customs Act 1901 (Cth).
- Appearing at a hearing and successfully obtaining orders pursuant to the Uncollected Goods Act 1995 (NSW).
- Applying for and obtaining an order for substituted service, to serve a defendant via Facebook.
- Mailau v Kennards Hire Pty Ltd  FCCA 2959.
- Mega-top Cargo Pty Ltd v Moneytech Services Pty Ltd (Unreported, New South Wales District Court, Olsson J, 30 April 2015).
- Fujifilm Australia Pty Ltd ACN 000 064 433 v ACN 159 190 833, formerly known as Hubbed Pty Ltd (Unreported, New South Wales District Court, Gibb J, 27 August 2015).
- Mega-top Cargo Pty Ltd v Moneytech Services Pty Ltd  NSWCA 3.
- ACN 159 190 833 Pty Ltd (In Liquidation) formerly known as Hubbed Pty Ltd (ACN 159 190 833).