We focus on getting the right resolution at the earliest opportunity.
The BBW team has a comprehensive understanding of the frequently evolving legislation which NSW WorkCover administers and with which our employer, broker and insurer clients must deal with every day.
Known for our aggressive resolution strategies and special claims audit projects, BBW supports employers with large portfolios to address long-tail claims liabilities and risk exposures.
BBW Lawyers expertise and advice in workers compensation, workplace injuries, and work injury damages has been honed through resolving thousands of matters spanning:
- alternative dispute resolution techniques: mediations, teleconferences, and conciliations
- common law (WID) claims
- complex evidence preparation and technically difficult defences
- complex medico-legal issues and psychological injury claims
- development of case management models and risk management
- fraudulent claims
- injury management disputes
- joint tortfeasor claims
- Section 151Z recoveries
- Section 66 lump sum compensation
- using new disease provisions
- value added services and education for insured employers
- work health and safety and employment law.
Our team is well known for their results in workers compensation claims arising in retail, hotels and clubs; and construction sectors. Once engaged our workers compensation claims management approach includes:
- No charge on-site early claims screening
- Early claims triage
- Serious injury strategy and case management
- Avoiding costs which don’t progress claims through selective medicals and investigations
- Correct estimation and resourcing to defend claims to conclusion
- Reducing your on-costs and support management for constructive dealings with injured workers and RTW.